Friday, July 19, 2019

There Is No "I" In Eden Hallow

Life on the homestead doesn’t get put on hold. There is always work to do, and the work always has to get done. It stops for nothing, not even this.
The garden doesn’t care that I had surgery on my dominant hand, it wants watered!
The chickens don’t care that I have a cast on, they say “if you got a hand, you got a hand to feed us!”
Figuring out how to do things left handed is hard enough, but using ONLY my left hand has been really tough. However, my German/Belgian heritage has made me extremely stubborn and if I want to do something dammit I’ll figure out a way to do it!
One handed dishes? I got this. Hubby wants me to make something with this rhubarb we got? BAM! 

One handed Rhubarb cake... half eaten because it's DELICIOUS!
But I’ve also had to learn how to ask for help, probably the hardest part of this whole ordeal. I have always been insanely independent, so admitting that I can’t fill up the chickens current waterer by myself was like admitting failure.
I've learned that in marriage, friendship, relationships,and life in general it takes it takes teamwork. The key to a successful homestead is everybody working together. Yes, everybody has their job (animals included!) and its important that we all do our job, but its also important that we all work together towards our goals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment